Niagara Falls

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Niagara Falls Frozen

This was in the year 1911! Wow, I couldn't believe my ears but when I got to see this picture myself, I got a shocker. See those 4 people standing on the river- yes on the Niagara's frozen waters with their child. Now focus on the falls side; the water which normally gushes down is coming down slowly as if it were molten ice. And really, some water has actually frozen even as it was falling which you can see on either sides of the main streams (click on the picture to enlarge).

Don't they look like frozen ice rods?
By the way, what made me select this picture for posting here is the flowing water which is also frozen. Himalayas may have more of ice than this, but for me, Niagara is different!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home